Acute injuries usually occur as a result of a single traumatic event
Acute injuries occur in a variety of settings including the sporting field, the work place and at home.
- Our team of physiotherapists believe in the accurate diagnosis and management of acute injuries and provide a variety of treatments to alleviate symptoms such pain, inflammation, swelling and loss of function.
- We understand the importance of providing our patients injury prevention strategies as acute symptoms settle.
- Our team of physiotherapists are experienced in the management of a wide variety of acute injuries including
Acute sprains of joints such as the ankle, knee and wrist
Ruptured (torn) ligaments e.g. Ruptured knee (eg. ACL, MCL) and ankle ligaments
Patella (Knee cap)
- Torn meniscus (cartilage) at the knee
neck or Back pain
TMJ (Jaw) injury
- Acute muscle strains and tears e.g. Hamstring and Calf tears