Pilates is a very popular form of exercise and wellbeing, and continues to gain in popularity worldwide. The benefits of Pilates are:
- Strengthening the deep core muscles
- Increasing flexibility and mobility throughout the body
- Improving posture
- Decreasing stress
- Ease discomfort
- Improved pelvic floor control
- Enhancing sporting performance
Clinical Pilates at Forestville Physiotherapy utilises the clinical knowledge of our physiotherapists, leading to a more tailored approach to Pilates. This is very important when recovering from an injury or when specific weakness or deficits are found, as the physiotherapist can monitor and progress your Pilates program according to your individual needs. Your physiotherapist can push you along quicker with your Pilates program if appropriate, and they can also modify your program if you have a flare-up of your pain.
At Forestville Physiotherapy:
- we run small Pilates group classes, with a maximum of 4 participants.
- One-on-one classes can also be arranged if preferred.
- Classes are an hour long.
- The studio is equipped with a Reformer, a Pilates Chair, Trapeze Tower, Mats, and Swiss Balls.
- Clients have individualised programs following an individual assessment, based around their injuries, weaknesses, strengths and goals.
- You may be able to claim a rebate with your health fund, as the class is taught by a qualified physiotherapist (depending on your health fund and level of cover)