- TMJ disorder is a problem affecting the chewing muscles, and the joint of the jaw (the temporomandibular joint or TMJ).
- Symptoms can include jaw, ear or facial pain, clicking, locking or grating, headaches or neck pain.
- Possible causes can include clenching or grinding your teeth, stress, injury to the jaw (TMJ) joint, and problems inside the joint itself.
- Neck problems can also influence the jaw joint.
- Management of TMJ/Jaw Dysfunction includes a variety of hands-on techniques and self-help strategies.
- Our team includes a physiotherapist who has additional training in the management of this potentially debilitating condition.